Sofia Simões Painting
Sofia Simões Painting – Lisbon based contemporary Painter and Plastic Artist. Graduated in Decorative Painting and Work Mural Restoration and Drawing and Painting. Has in her career several individual and collective exhibitions and her works are present in several private collections
Sofia Simoes was born in Lisbon in 1970 and graduated in Decorative Painting and Work Mural Restauring in the Ricardo Espirito Santo da Silva Foundation, in Lisbon. Later on, she took Drawing and Painting at the National Academy of Fine Arts in Lisbon.
Her professional experience has always been connected to Drawing and Painting. Throughout the years, Sofia has made several Decorative Paintings and has restaured mural paintings in private houses, churches, monuments and hotels in Portugal, Spain and in the United States.
With the support of her friends and people experienced in the contemporaneous art world, Sofia began a new phase in her career.
• 2010: Atelier M& architects in Lisbon
• 2011: Arte Lisboa (Lisbon Fair of Contemporaneous Art), the ArtLounge Gallery
• 2012: Joint Exhibition (Alcantara Cafe), the Bridge Gallery
• 2012: Arco Madrid (Madrid Fair of Contemporaneous Art), the ArtLounge Gallery
• 2013: Atelier M7 Lisbon Architects, Botaca Showroom, Lisbon
• 2014: Center of Culture and Exhibitions, Odivelas, Lisbon
• 2014: Sunset Art (K Urban Beach ), Lisbon
• 2014: Joint Exhibition (LM Gallery), Sintra
• 2014: Casa Lisboa 14 Interior Design Exhibition, Lisbon
• 2015: Joint Exhibition ,Bienal Women of Art, Municipal Museum of Espinho
• 2015: Exhibition Junta de Freguesia Alvalade, Lisbon
• 2015: Joint Exhibition, HOUSE #6 Schoenstatt , Lisbon
• 2016: Exhibition , Lisbon Carmo Hotel
• 2016: joint Exhibition ,A Paia em Art , Center of Culture and Exhibitions, Odivelas, Lisbon
• 2017: Exhibition, Mala Posta Theater , Odivelas , lisbon
• 2017: joint Exhibition,VI Bienal Of Osophases Cutures, Center of Culture and Exhibitions, Odivelas, Lisbon
“Artista con solida formación académica, rompe esquemas. Sus temas recurrentes subrayan una feminidad implícita, lo que no impide que la autora sea provocadora a su manera. Una nota erótica subyace en toda su obra, lo que hace que no pierda frescura, es mas, hace que el que la contempla desee ver mas. Utiliza mayormente una técnica mixta, aunque no se amilana con técnicas mas especificas como jovem artista, experimenta, es disciplinada y tenaz, y eso, a largo plazo, la convierte en valor seguro.”
Viscondenssa Monique Beau D’Aulnay
Portal Galeria Londres, Galeria Ibiza Ibiza